Thursday 17 July 2014

When It Rains...

Hello...

Today is a sad day. I am going to have to put my dog down and I am not too happy...However, I try to tell myself that this is life but I have had so much grief over the past several years that this is too much for me to handle.

Normally, I am against posting personal thoughts or feelings online but I needed to deal with this whilst it is happening...You know, emotional overload. UGH!

Well, my dog's name is "Dottie" and she is a proper Beagle. She just turned 7 years old in February. Dottie has been a good dog and loyal. However, she has some back and hip issues that are not operable. Last night she was walking about very funny and couldn't really use her back legs. They kept wobbling and could not keep her balance. She was in a lot of pain and I knew it. I comforted her the best I could but even today she cannot get around much. 

Well, to make a long story short, I knew that this might happen. In the past, I gave her medications from the vet last time a similar thing happened. He told me that this could happen and she would be unable to use her back legs. Surgery was an option but very expensive and he could not guarantee that it would be successful. So, I have made the choice to put her to sleep so she isn't in pain or suffering. This is not an easy thing for me. I look at her and she is lovely and the best dog in the world...letting go of her is a tough decision but I cannot allow her to suffer. To be honest, I don't know if I am making the best choice or not...I just don't want her to be in pain and unable to walk...but letting go, well, I have never been good at that at all. I don't know what else to say here...

Thanks for stopping by...and thanks for listening to a troubled heart today...not a doll issue but a human issue. Ta

:o) 
DOTTIE 2/2007 -7/2014 Rest in Peace my Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment